Last updated Nov 8, 2018
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways. The information we may collect via the Application depends on the content and materials you use, and includes:
Personally identifiable information (namely your email address, but potentially your username, depending on what you choose) that you voluntarily give to us when choosing to participate in various activities related to the Application, such as submitting audio content, posting messages in comment sections, liking posts or users, sending feedback, and responding to surveys. If you choose to share data about yourself via your profile, online chat, or other interactive areas of the Application, please be advised that all data you disclose in these areas is public and your data will be accessible to anyone who accesses the Application.
Information our servers automatically collect when you access the Application, such as your native actions that are integral to the Application, including submitting content, liking, saving, or sharing, as well as other interactions with the Application and other users via server log files.
The Application may by default access your Facebook basic account information, if you sign in with Facebook, including your name, email, gender, birthday, current city, and profile picture URL, as well as other information that you choose to make public. We may also request access to other permissions related to your account, such as friends, checkins, and likes, and you may choose to grant or deny us access to each individual permission. For more information regarding Facebook permissions, refer to the Facebook Permissions Reference page.
Data from Social Networks
User information from social networking sites, such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, including your name, your social network username, location, gender, birth date, email address, profile picture, and public data for contacts, if you connect your account to such social networks. This information may also include the contact information of anyone you invite to use and/or join the Application.
Mobile Device Access
We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s bluetooth, camera, contacts, microphone, files, reminders, sensors, SMS messages, social media accounts, storage, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
Mobile Device Data
Device information such as your mobile device ID number, model, and manufacturer, version of your operating system, phone number, country, location, and any other data you choose to provide.
We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or the Application. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
Information from third parties, such as personal information or network friends, if you connect your account to the third party and grant the Application permission to access this information.
Data From Contests, Giveaways, and Surveys
Personal and other information you may provide when entering contests or giveaways and/or responding to surveys.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Specifically, we may use information collected about you via the Application to:
- Administer sweepstakes, promotions, and contests.
- Assist law enforcement and respond to subpoena.
- Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties.
- Create and manage your account.
- Deliver targeted advertising, coupons, newsletters, and other information regarding promotions and the Application to you.
- Email you regarding your account or order.
- Enable user-to-user communications.
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions related to the Application.
- Generate a personal profile about you to make future visits to the Application more personalized.
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the Application.
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the Application.
- Notify you of updates to the Application.
- Offer new products, services, mobile applications, and/or recommendations to you.
- Perform other business activities as needed.
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity.
- Process payments and refunds.
- Request feedback and contact you about your use of the Application.
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
- Respond to product and customer service requests.
- Send you a newsletter.
- Solicit support for the Application.
- Provide you with a personalized user experience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share information we have collected about you in certain situations. Your information may be disclosed as follows:
By Law or to Protect Rights
If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Third-Party Service Providers
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
With your consent, or with an opportunity for you to withdraw consent, we may share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
Interactions with Other Users
If you interact with other users of the Application, those users may see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity, including sending invitations to other users, chatting with other users, liking posts, following blogs.
When you post comments, contributions or other content to the Applications, your posts may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Application in perpetuity
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Application. These companies may use information about your visits to the Application and other websites that are contained in web cookies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
The Application may display a third-party-hosted “offer wall.” Such an offer wall allows third-party advertisers to offer virtual currency, gifts, or other items to users in return for acceptance and completion of an advertisement offer. Such an offer wall may appear in the Application and be displayed to you based on certain data, such as your geographic area or demographic information. When you click on an offer wall, you will leave the Application. A unique identifier, such as your user ID, will be shared with the offer wall provider in order to prevent fraud and properly credit your account.
Social Media Contacts
If you connect to the Application through a social network, your contacts on the social network will see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity.
Other Third Parties
We may share your information with advertisers and investors for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. We may also share your information with such third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
Sale or Bankruptcy
We are not responsible for the actions of third parties with whom you share personal or sensitive data, and we have no authority to manage or control third-party solicitations. If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR DATA
All the data we collect about your and your activities with our service are stored in encrypted databases hosted with Amazon Web Services. We do not provide access to these databases to anyone except as specified above.
HOW YOU CAN REQUEST YOUR DATA AND/OR DELETE IT
If you wish to obtain a copy of the data we store on you and your activities with our service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject “Data Request”. You must email us using the same email address you used to sign up for our service. We will reply to you within 14 business days by email with a copy of the data.
If you wish for us to delete all the data we have stored on you and your activities with our service, please contact us at email@example.com and use the subject “Delete Me”. We will delete your account and all associated data. You must email us using the same email address you used to sign up for our service. Note that this will log you out of our app, delete your Fart Lockr and all stored preferences, and you will return to being an anonymous user of the app.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Questions and Answers on Cookies:
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a piece of information in the form of a very small text file that is placed on an internet user's hard drive. It is generated by a web page server, which is basically the computer that operates a web site. The information the cookie contains is set by the server and it can be used by that server whenever the user visits the site. A cookie can be thought of as an internet user's identification card, which tell a web site when the user has returned.
We and our service providers use analytical and audience-measurement cookies to obtain information about your browsing patterns, so as to:
- recognise and count the number of visitors to the website;
- see how visitors move around our website
- compile traffic and/or conversion statistics.
- Show you targeted advertising for our services when visiting other website that offer advertising
All of the information collected by these cookies is aggregated and is only used for statistical purposes.
Who is likely to place cookies on your device?
How long do cookies last?
Our website may use several types of cookies including:
- Session cookies: Session cookies are created temporarily on your device or in your browser's subfolder while you are visiting a website or app and are automatically deleted when you leave.
- Persistent cookies: In contrast to session cookies, persistent cookies are re-activated when you return to the same website or app, and remain on your device or in your browser's subfolder until they expire (usually after 12 months) or are deleted.
- Third party cookies: A third party cookie is one that is placed on your device or hard drive by a third party. Third party cookies are set so that a service can remember something about you at a later time. These cookies are set by third parties and we do not control how they are set.
- SameSite cookies: SameSite cookies allow servers to assert that a cookie ought not to be sent along with cross-site requests, which provides some protection against cross-site request forgery attacks. SameSite cookies may not be supported by all browsers.
- You can control how cookies are set on your device by adjusting your browser settings (see below).
How can you consent or object to cookies being placed on your device?
You can authorise, refuse or disable cookies by changing your browser settings. You may also be able to control cookies using the setting provided by the operating system of your device. If you disable a cookie already installed on your device or browser, it will not be active any more, but it will not disappear from your device or browser until the end of its lifespan.
You can express your choices and change your wishes regarding cookies, via your browser
- Microsoft Edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21447?locale=en_US
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en
Google Analytics Opt-Out Plugin
Mixpanel Opt-Out Cookie
You should be aware that getting a new computer, installing a new browser, upgrading an existing browser, or erasing or otherwise altering your browser’s cookies files may also clear certain opt-out cookies, plug-ins, or settings.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
POLICY FOR CHILDREN
We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 13. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 13, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
OPTIONS REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
Emails and Communications
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may opt-out by:
- Noting your preferences at the time you register your account with the Application
- Logging into your account settings and updating your preferences.
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Application, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Application. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Application, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.